Hi, happy foodies,
We know you must have been waiting for our next edition of recipes, so here we are again to relish your sweet tooth desires.
Oh! But wait, why just you? Why not try making your mumma proud with your cooking skills this Mother’s Day?
Since it is just around the corner, what better way to show your love and appreciation for the woman who brought you into this world than by making her a delicious dessert? This year, skip the store-bought sweets and surprise your mom with a homemade kalakand, a traditional Indian dessert that’s perfect for any occasion.
The best part? This recipe uses A2 Cow milk from Truly Desi, known for its health benefits and delicious taste. It comes from Gir cows that naturally produce the A2 beta-casein protein, which is easier to digest than the A1 protein found in regular milk. Truly Desi is a brand that specialises in providing dairy milk online from Indian cows and is committed to bringing the goodness of the best milk in India to modern households. So, let’s get started on this special Mother’s Day recipe!
- – 1-litre A2 cow milk
- – 1/4 cup lemon juice
- – 1/2 cup sugar
- – 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- – 1 tbsp chopped almonds, pistachios, or other cashew nuts (optional)
- Prepare the milk: Pour A2 milk into a heavy-bottomed pan and bring it to a boil over medium heat. Stir the milk occasionally to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add lemon juice: Once the milk comes to a boil, turn off the heat and add 1/4 cup of lemon juice. Stir the milk gently until it curdles and separates into curds (solid part) and whey (liquid part).
- Strain the curd: Line a strainer with a muslin cloth and pour the curdled milk into it. Let the whey drain out completely. Rinse the curds under running water to remove any traces of lemon juice.
- Cook the kalakand: Transfer the curds to the same heavy-bottomed pan used earlier and add sugar. Turn on the heat and cook the mixture on low heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently. The mixture will thicken and start to come together.
- Add cardamom powder: Once the mixture reaches a thick, grainy consistency, add 1/4 tsp of cardamom powder and mix well. Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Shape the kalakand: Grease a flat-bottomed dish with A2 ghee from Truly Desi and spread the mixture evenly in it. Use a spoon or spatula to press down the mixture and smooth out any bumps. Sprinkle chopped almonds and pistachios on top (optional).
- Set the kalakand: Let the kalakand cool completely at room temperature. Once it’s cooled, place it in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to set.
- Serve and enjoy: Cut the kalakand into square or diamond-shaped pieces and serve as a dessert after a meal. You can store any leftover kalakand in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
So, this Mother’s Day, you know exactly what to do to make your Mom feel special. And why just a desert, and why just on Mother’s Day? Make a range of delicious dishes using our healthy cooking options like A2 ghee, millets, A2 kullhad Dahi and so on, whenever you feel like it. Let us convey your love and care for your mother with our wholesome products.
Be sure to be as excited for our next recipe edition. Be it sweet, be it savoury, cook it with Truly Desi, and you’ll love it.