Eid celebrations are a perfect blend of love, traditions, and delicious food! From new clothes to charity, and exchanging gifts, Muslims go all out to make the most of this joyous occasion. But let’s be real, the highlight of Eid ul Fitr is the mouthwatering feast that awaits us.
If you’re not familiar with the traditional dishes Muslims enjoy during this festive season but you want to sink your teeth into the most delicious traditional delicacy, you’re in luck!
So, buckle up and prepare to embark on a culinary adventure like no other as Truly Desi takes you on a journey through the delicious world of Eid ul Fitr cuisine!
Before that let us tell you about Today’s Main Ingredient, which is A2 Cow Ghee from Truly Desi. Consuming good fats in the right amount can help you manage your cholesterol levels. But there are very few brands that provide pure Desi Cow’s ghee which is genuinely good for health in various ways. So, here we are with the best health pick for you!
The most heard-of dish during Eid is Kimami Sewaiyan. This dish is known for its rich, creamy texture and sweet, aromatic flavour. Here is a detailed recipe for making Kimami Sewaiyan at home:
- 2 cups of vermicelli (Sewaiyan)
- 4 cups of whole milk
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of A2 Cow Ghee
- 1 tsp of cardamom powder
- 1 tsp of rose water
- 1/2 cup of chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup of chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup of raisins
- 1/4 cup of dried coconut
- Begin by heating a large pan or wok over medium heat. Add the vermicelli to the pan and dry roast until it turns golden brown in colour. Make sure to keep stirring the vermicelli constantly to prevent it from burning.
- In a separate pan, heat the A2 Cow Ghee over medium heat. Add the chopped nuts, raisins, and dried coconut to the pan and sauté until the nuts turn golden brown. You can also add other dry fruits as per your preference.
- Once the nuts are roasted, remove them from the pan and set them aside.
- In the same pan, add the milk and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Once the milk has come to a boil, add the roasted vermicelli and stir well.
- Reduce the heat to low and allow the vermicelli to cook in the milk, stirring occasionally to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- After about 10-15 minutes, the vermicelli will absorb most of the milk and become soft and fluffy.
- At this point, add the roasted nuts and spices, including the cardamom powder and rose water. Mix well and cook for another 5 minutes until the milk has thickened and the vermicelli is fully cooked.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the Kimami Sewaiyan cool for a few minutes.
- Once cooled, serve the dish in small bowls or cups, garnished with additional chopped nuts and dried fruits, if desired. You can also pour our A2 Cow Ghee over it as Ghee enhances the taste of any dish that it is added to.
Enjoy your homemade Kimami Sewaiyan as a delicious dessert for the Eid ul Fitr meal!
Eid delicacies don’t just end with sewaiyan, there are numerous others like sheer kurma, zarda pulao, phirni etc. You can have these in a healthy way using A2 Cow Milk, Organic Vegetables and other necessary ingredients from Truly Desi.
Stay tuned with us for more such appetising recipes.